My Ukrainian girl is a pro-dater: a sad dating story (Part 1 of 3)
Hello, dear Krystyna!
Hope you read my letter and give me some comments, what is your opinion, if this girl is a scammer or not. If necessary (if publish) you can erase names in letter, if you think she not is a scammer.
I was member at Elenasmodels, and I had 4 long-term contacts (over 3-4 month), 3 of them where confirmed to be scammers by the agency, and important to note is that no one of them asked about money, before 4 months (translation $7/letter) and one wanted to arrange an apartment when I visit her (the apartment tricks). They wrote normal letters. One short-term contact was also a scammer.
This letter is about my longest contact (one-year), Olga, who I have visited twice, but now I think she cannot be anything else than a “pro-dater” or “gold-digger”. I have had a lot of help from Elena Petrovas book “anti scam guide”. If I had not read that book, I never ever had understood this girl maybe was not a real deal.
Here is my story.
The girl is Olga Yakovleva, ID: 6735438, at Elenasmodels, a “confirmed profile” so I was 100% sure Olga was no scammer. She lives in Simferopol, Crimea, Ukraine. Birth 1985, 7 August. Her email name is funny: Ольга Закон, firstname.lastname@example.org and Skype name is “GoodLawGirl”.
I am planning to report her to the police for fraud. We agreed, that if I pay for her passport, she promised to visit me and if cancelled, pay me back. She demanded only the fast delivery passport, of course, at the doubled price, $150. I promised to send her an aeroplane ticket at no cost for her, and pay for her stay here. Now she has cancellation of the visit, because she wanted $650 to her bank account, and demanded to arrange a travel herself, and refused a coordinated ticket from me. She also refused to give any details about the travel she wanted to arrange, and now she will not pay back money for passport, as we agreed. I have paper of the bank transfer and the reason for the money on the transfer, and she has written she now have passport, so if she not have it, it would be easy to proof for the police she is a fraud.
My gut feeling tell me here are too many circumstantial evidence to suggest she is a scammer, “Pro-dater or God digger”.
I think scammers today act very different from yesterday, “old days” scammers, is very easy to detect. They ask for money after short time. But there are also other ways to get money, and not ask for them (for example the taxi tricks). You are free to use any part of this letter in any way, to protect and warn other men.
Something must be wrong here: It is very, very difficult for me, as Social Worker, to think she is a scammer, but I think here are too many strange things, so I am confused and ask for your help to judge my contact.
Note: I have only meet her 7 times, a few hours day, at restaurants, and a guided tour, so I do NOT know her at all. We have written about 100 letters. I liked her very much, so I did not see all red flags.
I can only see three possible scenarios for her actions:
- Maybe she has psychiatric problems of some sort? Or she play to have, as a retreat path to not be revealed. (She told her father often stay at psychiatric clinic and also his mother was there, when she was alive, maybe to give a retreat path.)
- She is a scammer.
- Maybe I acted wrong; when I, who was supposed to pay for everything, asked how long and where she will stay, when she visit me!! I have spoken to my friends, and they think she acts totally wrong, and not me. I always have written very friendly to her and also given her a lot of gifts, dinners etc.
HERE IS MY STORY:
I have visited Olga 2 times, and now she wanted me to send $650 to her bank account, for a travel to me in Sweden. The tricky is she changed everything in a way, step by step, so it leads only to her bank account. Read this letter; about all circumstances I think all TOGETHER is a big RED FLAG!
Can a person be a scammer when you have their address, can see them at the social forum on mail.ru? (but now she has erased it). The time aspect also tells, she is not a scammer, so she is maybe a clever scammer. She told me she knows a lot how they work and she have given me information about how to date Slavic women! Maybe she makes the money request in a way the police would say this is only a gift, no scam? I think some works different, to not be recognized.
Here is the story:
1. When I arrived the first time to Simferopol, the first day we met, she come with a “private taxi”, (a private car with a driver) so I had no control of it. She told me, we go to a restaurant not so far away. So I think I had no choice. However, restaurant was 50 kilometres away! After we eat at the restaurant, she told me we are so close to the Swallow Nest, so why not go there? Well, it was about 60 kilometres. She had the taxi to wait all the time. So this taxi tour took about 10 hours and cost me 1800 UAH ($281). After I come home I asked the apartment company I rented my apartment from, and he told me I can hire a car with a driver for about 600 UAHf or a whole day. The driver in the car was a young boy in her age. I refused to use this taxi any more. She was irritated of it.
I know that an official taxi take 40 UHA from her city Simferopol to her home in Vodnoye (22 kilometres). She always arrived and left in a taxi, but it always cost me 100 UHA = 200 both ways, and sometimes she told me she had to go to her parents house to give the hens water, then each trip cost me 200 UHA = 400 only to meet her. (22 kilometre = 40 UAH, gives 200 UAH = 110 kilometres – so far is not Crimea any way from Simferopol!) All her taxis were no official taxies, it seemed to be private cars, and the city was full of real official taxis. One day we went to the sea, and then the price was fixed to 900 UAH. It was maybe, a real taxi driver, but the car was not.
My total cost for taxi (not official taxis) at first meeting was 3700 UAH = $463. I visited her after 4 months writing. All prices where at least doubled or more, compared to real taxis, I have checked.
2. She refused to go by bus!!! Very bad sign! She told me buses where dirty, people can throw on you, she told me she never uses bus. If I want to go by bus, then I go myself, she will NOT follow me. She was angry. She told me, she is a high class girl and do not want to be near common people. It sounds not realistic; they are brought up in a communistic society, where all people are equal and no one better. Note: My Ukrainian trip advisor told me later that SHE would told me to use buses and NOT taxi, to save money.
3. I checked buses, they where OK for me, just like in Sweden. Normal people use them, not alcoholics or drunken persons. I asked my travel advisor, in Kiev, he told me it is not at all any problem using buses, there must be another explanation than she tells me.
4. At my visit at summer, she told me a man from USA had visited her, and lied about he could not have children. At my second visit, she told me this man had not visited her, only written letters and told her he cannot have children. =different stories.
5. I visited her twice, but I have not been able to meet any of her friends, relatives or see her apartment. She told me it needed repairs and new wallpaper. I offered her to pay for wallpaper for one room and also to do the work to hang them for free!!!!!, a good way to see how we can work together, but she refused my generous offer. So, I have never visited her home, or met any friends or relatives. However, in letters, she writes about all friends she have for dinner at home…
6. She told me both her parents are medical doctors, and divorced. Her mother have meet a truck driver in Russia, and moved to Moscow. So I cannot meet her.
Her father is 60 year and retired. She say that he has been many times in psychiatric clinic for problems (also his mother). He has no friends and lives isolated in his house. Olga has no contact with him. So I can not meet him.
His brother now lives in her mother’s house, with a wife and a little child. Olga told me she has not so good contact with him, better with his wife.
Olga tells me she works not full-time at the local Vodka industry, as marketing manager. She is manager over 12 persons. She seems to have conflicts with her employer, once she had left her job, and returned after a week. She told me she and Kira (her room-mate) is evicted from the apartment, Olga is in conflict with the owner who has raised the rent with 700 UAH /month. Therefore, I had to pay for her passport. They have to leave the apartment after the winter. I have no proof she is a manager, or that this is correct.
7. She promised to come and take farewell when I was going to the airport and fly home after my second visit, but she did not come, and she did not answer the phone. My taxi did not arrive, so I had to get help from people from the street, to by bus go to the airport! If she liked me, she would care about me.
8. She did not wear the expensive wrist watch ($275) and silver arm ring ($80), I gave her at her Birthday (by post), when I visited her last time. Maybe she sold it? I did not ask, but it was hurting too see she not seem to value my gifts. The only thing she wears was the 7 diamond gold pendant ($157).
9. She was very interested to visit me, during my second visit in Simferopol, but it seemed to me, that this interest was higher than to meet me.
10. She wanted me to pay for her passport, the fast delivery, doubled price. She promised to visit me if I gave her money for passport. She had a paper about every part that cost money. I checked with a scammer detective. He made a background check on her and told me she seemed OK, and her information was OK, and recommended me to pay for it, which I did to her bank account, when I come home, with the bank transfer information “for passport as agreed”. She wanted to come as soon as possible, at Christmas time. I also told her I could do an invitation so she gets Visa at an easy way, and email an aeroplane ticket to her. She agreed on that. She understood that if I pay for passport, she has to visit me, or refund money; I will NOT support a passport for her to visit other men. She agreed.
To be continued…